Distractions are everywhere…especially in an office setting. From the sounds of phones ringing, speakerphone conversations and copy machines printing to the sun shining brightly through your office window…sometimes it can be difficult to stay focused at work.
So what can you do to remain on task and avoid distractions?
Seven Tips to Stay Focused at Work:
1. Clean your desk. If your desk is cluttered, take a few minutes to put things away and organize it. This will give you the space to focus on the task at hand.
2. Dress professionally. Dressing in professional attire may help you stick to business. Here’s an interesting article from Forbes that explains how alertness is affected by what you wear.
3. Plan ahead. Map out your next day before you leave work at the end of your shift. When you arrive at work the following day, you will know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
5. Put your cell phone away. Move your cell phone to a place that is out of sight. This will prevent you from checking it every two minutes. Only check your phone during your breaks or lunch hour.
7. Reward yourself. After achieving an important goal, reward yourself with a cup of coffee or five minutes of browsing the Internet. Rewarding yourself may give you the motivation to get a jump start on your next project.
It’s no secret that workplace distractions can hinder your productivity. By using these tips, hopefully you can stay a little more focused and accomplish great achievements. Tell us what some of your methods are you use to remain focused at work?
Want more? Click here to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter and announcements. Each week you'll get a links to new info and events. We promise to respect your time and will not flood your inbox. We only send one or maybe two e-mails each week.
Website collaboration with Courtland Consulting | Sitemap | Staff Login